Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Random mumbo-jumbo

Semester break is coming to an end and, once again, i found myself pondering on what i achieved during the so-called-relaxing-break. My pre-break plan was to finish Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay, fix my TV's antenna, fix ,or try to call someone to fix my leaking washing machine, and ultimately, finish this story pitch that i've had for years. I thought three weeks are enough to complete those tasks. Oh, how very naive of me.

Three weeks later, and I've done none of those tasks. I abandon Kavalier and Clay, only to pick up Jack Kerouac's On The Road (which i still read to this very second). My laptop failed me, which also means the story that i've written vanishes magically, and i've forgotten all about the household repairing that i was supposed to do. The inability to perform the simplest of task has been a problem of mine for quite some time. Although i always refused to admit it. I'd like to think the universe has a unique way to conspire against anything that i want to do. In other word, i blame the universe.

However, the three week hibernation has also filled me with some thoughts, and ideas. Well, just for fun, i'm gonna say it all out loud;

i have a twisted state of mind, which is mainly caused by the constant day dreaming, the over exposure of various comic books, films, and numerous tv series.
Arrested Development is so darn funny, it actually surpasses The Office at some point.
The world would be a better place if there's Amelie Poulain on the corner of every street.
I wanna grow old like Woody Allen
I think time travel is possible, whether it's via wormhole, cosmic strings, or a simple faster than light travel.
I think vampires are cool.
I believe we do not live alone in the universe.
but then again,
I am neither fair, nor balanced.
believe what you want to believe.

Enough mumbling for today. Please do not take everything that i said seriously. I'm gonna leave you the funniest quote i've heard for quite sometime, courtesy of Dr. Tobias Funke.

"You're forgetting, Lindsay, that as a psychiatrist, I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first 'Analrapist'"

No comments: