Saturday, December 20, 2008

Year End Review: Part 1

We've reached the end of the year, once again, and it's time to look back at what had happened this past 12 months. This first part will look at the honorable mention in the world of (my) music. While the list is dominated by some new names, the old time favorites like Sigur Ros and Death Cab for Cutie has also released some of the finest records of the year. So, here it goes:

Death Cab for Cutie - Narrow Stairs

Key tracks: Grapevine Fires, Bixby Canyon Bridge, Cath

Sigur Ros -Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust


Key Tracks: Gobbledigook, Inní mér syngur vitleysingur

Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes


Key Tracks: White Winter Hymnal, Ragged Wood, Sun it Rises

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago

Key Tracks: For Emma, Skinny Love, Re: Stacks

She & Him - Volume 1

Key Tracks: Why do you let me stay here, Black hole

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
Key Tracks: Oxford Comma, A-Punk

MGMT - Oracular Spectacular


Key Tracks: Electric feel, Time to pretend


I'm not much of a music reviewer, so just listen to the key tracks given above to see my point. Please be patient cause I'm still compiling my favorite films of 2008, which will probably be done as soon as I watch some of the remaining films released late this year.

No comments: