Friday, August 1, 2008

Office Poem

I love the Office very much. I started out watching the US version, and i just recently watched the UK version. Both are brilliant, with their own unique style. And this is the one of the funniest moment of The Office UK, where David Brent, the socially inept office manager, read his own poem to his secretary, Dawn;


'EXCALIBUR'
by David Brent

I froze your tears and made a dagger,
and stabbed it in my cock forever.
It stays there like Excalibur,
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are.

Take this cool dark steeled blade,
Steal it, sheath it, in your lake.
I’d drown with you to be together.
Must you breathe? Cos I need Heaven

I literally rolling on the floor laughing after he read his poem with such seriousness and intensity. Only one thing that comes to my mind after that, Ricky Gervais is a genius. Bloody genius.

No comments: